One day crowns – CEREC
Key Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Replaces missing teeth
- Offers support to misshapen teeth or badly broken teeth
- Looks completely natural
- Fixes “smile” and functional chewing problems
The CEREC Procedure
CEREC is a method used by dentists worldwide since 1987 to restore any tooth that is decayed, weakened, broken, etc. to its natural strength and beauty. Better yet, it’s done with all-ceramic materials that are tooth-colored in one single appointment! …in, out, and on with your busy life.
Exam and Preparation for CEREC
First, Dr. Baysa examines the tooth and determines the appropriate treatment. It could be a filling, or a full crown, depending on how much healthy tooth structure is remaining. He then prepares your tooth by removing decayed and weakened tooth tissue.
Dr. Baysa then takes an Optical Impression of the prepared tooth. Instead of filling a tray with impression “goop” that you must bite into and hold in your mouth until it hardens, a camera is used to take a digital picture of your tooth. This whole Optical Impression process takes only a minute or two.
Next, the CEREC 3D software converts the digital picture into a 3-dimensional virtual model where Dr. Baysa uses his dental expertise to design the crown. The design is then sent to the milling machine where a ceramic block that matches your tooth shade is placed and about 10 – 20 minutes later, your new crown is finished. Dr. Baysa ensures proper fit and bite, then the crown is polished and bonded to the tooth. All of this is done in a single appointment! Ask us about CEREC today.
What is CEREC? CEREC is an acronym…
- Chairside: The technology is in the dental operatory and used while you are in the chair
- Economical: The procedure is economical for both dentist and patient
- Restorations: The procedure restores your tooth to its natural beauty, function, and strength
- Esthetic: The restorations are metal-free and tooth-colored
- Ceramic: High-strength ceramics are used that are close in composition to your natural tooth structure.
CEREC® is a registered trademark of Sirona Dental Systems